Friday, October 17, 2008

college

so for the past few years, college has been a major thought floating around in my head. where to go, what to study. ive really wanted to go to the university of arizona for a while to study either photography or nursing, but today in seminary, another option opened up. as most of you know i am involved in the theatre at my high school and i LOVE to perform, so taking college theatre classes is something i am really interested in. but the adult world of theatre isnt as safe and sheltered as high school theatre is. there is violence and bad language and questionable content that u cannont choose to sit out on. you either study the required work or you get a bad grade for not participating. i soon put that option out of my mind. but in seminary today, we had a morningside where we watched a movie about institute and lds colleges around the US. one college that cought my eye was BYU-I. yup! BYU IDAHO. i had never thought about it before, but the campus is really pretty, the class sizes are small, and it looked like a fun college because of the activities they listed off! if i went to that college, i would be able to study nursing because of the GREAT program they have there, and i would also be able to study theatre because ITS A MORMON COLLEGE!!!!!! yayyyyyy!!!!!! no risk of questionable material there!!!
i told my mom that i was considering going to this college, and she got so excited that she kept cutting me off just to tell me how much fun id have if i went there!! (as if she knew...lol)
if you have any thoughts about my two choices: the U of A or BYU-I. , PLEEEEEEEEEESE let me kno

1 comment:

Jen and Reed said...

Well, if you went to the U down here...you'd be close to me and Mom would love her girls to be in the same place--more convenience. The U is a great college for nursing also. We have an incredible medical program known nation-wide. I know you love to perform though and everything you said about dirty theatre is probably a little exaggerated but true in some cases. BYU Idaho would be a good choice for theatre, and you'd be in a good, healthy environment. It might be fun to congragate at my house for holidays and special events. Having you fly in sounds fun. I say "congragate at my house" because that's probably where mom will end up when you go to college. She'll want to be close to one of her girls...and Idaho may be a little far for her to migrate (wanting to be close to Grandma and all). So, either place has its benefits. After all this typing and forethought...I leave the decision in your court again and advise you to pray about it and go with your gut. A good, healthy gut makes good, healthy decisions. Love ya.

Jennifer